The Kamloops Film Festival makes it a priority to share the work of filmmakers, especially local filmmakers, as much as possible. If you would like to submit your film to the Kamloops Film Festival, we encourage you to do so, but below are some guidelines you must meet and some information we will need.
- You must submit your film at least 2 months before the festival
- Please have all permissions for copyright secured before you submit
- The film must be no older than the previous year
- The film must not be out on video or available for download or streaming online, and it must not have been screened publicly in Kamloops
- We pay a flat fee of $200 per screening for any film chosen for the KFF
- If you feel your film warrants a higher fee, make your case in your submission and the assessment committee will make a decision.
- Please send your submission via email to email@example.com
- Mailed submissions will not be accepted
Information we need with your submission (if available):
- Title of the film
- Name(s) of filmmaker(s)
- Film’s running Length
- The film itself: The film file, a link to the film file, or a link to a third party site where the film can be downloaded
- A password if the link is protected
- Brief description of the film (50 words)
- Brief bio for the filmmaker(s) (100 words)
- Particular focus on where the filmmaker(s) is(are) from. We prioritize shorts with a local, regional or provincial connection.
- Links to any reviews the film has received
- A trailer for the film if one exists
- A list of any awards the film has won
- A link to the film’s website
- Let us know whether guests (filmmakers, actors, writers, etc) would be available to attend the KFF
- The KFF provides travel, accommodation and food per diems for any guests that come to the KFF