The Kamloops Film Festival makes it a priority to share the work of filmmakers, especially local filmmakers, as much as possible. Before the feature length films (only those under 2hrs) during the film festival each March, we screen short films from local filmmakers and those from further a field.
If you would like to submit your short film to the Kamloops Film Festival, we encourage you to do so, but below are some guidelines you must meet and some information we will need. (Note this is not for the KISS Festival but just general submissions).
- You must submit your film before January 15 of the given festival year
- Please have all permissions for copyright secured before you submit
- Shorts can be of any length, but the KFF is very unlikely to screen shorts longer than 10 minutes
- The film must be no older than the previous year
- The KFF does not pay charge to have short films screened at the festival, nor do we pay a fee to screen short films
- We do provide 2 free tickets to the screening that your short will play before
- Please send your submission via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailed submissions will not be accepted
Information we need with your submission:
- Title of the film
- Name(s) of filmmaker(s)
- Film’s running Length
- The film itself: The film file, a link to the film file, or a link to a third party site where the film can be downloaded
- A password if the link is protected
- Brief description of the film (50 words)
- Brief bio for the filmmaker(s) (100 words)
- Particular focus on where the filmmaker(s) is(are) from. We prioritize shorts with a local, regional or provincial connection.